nepal

nepal

Sunday 26 September 2010

Blog 4_Linday Lohan's Chequered Life


Lindsay Lohan's chequered life in the spotlight

    On BBC news, this article talks briefly about the transformation of the innocent child star Lindsay Lohan with a seemingly bright future to the scandalous young woman who has just been released from jail on a $300000 bail. She became a model at age 3 and later starred in the Disney movie The Parent Trap and other hits. In 2004, she become the youngest host of the MTV Awards ceremony. It seemed she had a bright future ahead of her...Then she started hardcore partying, over drinking, drug-dealing. In July 2010, she was jailed for probation violation for 90 days. She was released only a few days ago.
     I'm sure we all know Lindsay Lohan, either as the adorable mischievous little girl in the Parent Trap or the popular girl in Mean Girls. Without a doubt, she's a talented actress and singer. When I first saw her in the Parent Trap, I thought, "Wow she's going to be so successful in the future!" Little did I know, her personal life become messed up and impure. Perhaps she made bad friends who introduced her to drugs and alcohol. Who you hang out with determines who you become, due to peer pressure.
   Another reason may be that the Hollywood life exerts just too much pressure for her. With all the paparazzi spreading rumours and such, celebrities lead a difficult life. They also have to take in a lot of pressure and criticism. We see Britney Spears shaving her head bald, Owen Wilson slashing his wrist, and Heath Ledgers committing suicide. I used to be so jealous of celebrities and how much attention they get, now I have only sympathy for them.

3 comments:

Shmikie said...

Young superstars seem to get embroiled in controversy. Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton are two recent examples, but this has been happening a long time. Drew Barrymore, River Phoenix and Madonna had their own troubles as young stars in the 80's. I fear for Miley Cirus next. Both Brittany and Lohan were Disney stars too.

IRiS said...

What Lindsay Lohan has become now makes us anxious, but over that I don't like bails. Rich people could always solve their problems, no matter how serious, by money. What is justice? A system based on money??

Elaine❤ said...

Hollywood. Thats just the way it works I guess. If she's not a celebrity she would not escape such felony. Despite all these things she's done in the past I believe she's just lost. If I were her I would be lost too. It's just the way things are. She was my idol and still is. I just wish she gets better, but I highly doubt she will.

I guess what I'm trying to say is imagine if your life was like her's. She has everything and I mean everything. There's nothing else in her life that makes her happy. I feel sympathetic for her situation.

Post a Comment